Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 8; Quotes about Children

What a fast semester this was! For this week's blog assignment, I decided to do a series of quotes about children. But first, a quote I have always loved would be:

"The soul is healed by being with children." I firmly believe in this quote. Each day, I am blessed beyond measure when I come to work. My pre-k students give me the most joy I have ever experienced professionally. When I am having a rough morning, or I am feeling down during work, all I have to do is look at one of my students, and the love is so over abundant that all I can do is smile. When my students tell me, "I love you, Mrs. Franklin" my soul is so full. God has placed in me in the most wonderful profession. Being an educator is one of the best accomplishments in my life. First, of course, would be part of God's kingdom, and being a mother, but being an educator is a calling God knew I needed.

A few other quotes about children I love:

"Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven." by Henry Ward Beecher

Princess Diana, Princess of Wales "Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children."

"Children's games are hardly games. Children are never more serious than when they play" by Montaigne

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6


"If a child is given love, he becomes loving ... If he's helped when he needs help, he becomes helpful. And if he has been truly valued at home ... he grows up secure enough to look beyond himself to the welfare of others." by Dr. Joyce Brothers

These are just a few quotes I have saved, but I wanted to share them with you all. Remember, we are here to show children love, empathy, and encouragement. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of assisting in educating children.

Blessings!!

Susan

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Dear Susan

    I love the quote about children. I can certainly see that you and I share the same love for children. Susan, thank you fcr sharing the quotes with us and I will add each one of them to my favorite quotes list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! I love all of these quotes, especially the following: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6. Professionals, Parents, and others should lead by setting a positive example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan:

    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights throughout this course. It has been a great pleasure reading your blogs and discussion posts. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    I enjoyed reading your post. Children do have a way of making the heart and soul happy. The quotes from the bible ring true to me as well. Good Luck! Merry Christmas and have a safe and blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Dr. Joyce Brother's quote. I can only hope to be loving and helpful to all of the children that come through my classroom.

    ReplyDelete