Friday, September 30, 2011

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

I chose Edward Zigler, Ph.D. from the head start sector. There are many important things he said to me, but a couple of things left quite an impact. Here are a couple of quotes from him:

Dr. Zigler stated, "The children who were in high quality programs are less likely to become delinquent and criminal later on."


I can't agree more!! If we can give these programs to students, it would be phenomenal!! Kids would stay in school and move on to do something productive and not get in trouble!!

Zigler also went on to say: "I am basically an academic, not advocate for children."

He wants to make the life of children better, and each educator should have that desire also. I want to have Dr. Zigler's passion and motivation to help all students, regardless of their living arrangements.

I also chose Sylvia Chard, Ph.D. from the public early childhood sector. Here are a couple of quotes:


Chard stated, "Young children are inquisitive. They ask questions, wonder about things, and like to investigate interesting phenomena in their world."

This is such a true quote!! Young children want to find things out through exploration, and we as educators need to allow that!

Louise Derman-Sparks said, “I want to fix the injustices in through this world. I can do that through teaching.”
What a wonderful quote!! Just imagine what we can do for our students by taking on the injustices in the world and turning them into positives and have successful children achieving all of their dreams and aspirations!!!

Raymond Hernandez said, “My passion comes from wanting to make a difference.”
When we become and educator, our passion must be fueled by wanting to make a difference in the lives of the children we teach. I love this quote because I am passionate about helping all children succeed; therefore, I will be helping make a difference!!
Hernandez also stated, “There is more to life than just what is in your neighborhood.”
This quote really stuck with me because he is absolutely right. It doesn’t matter where a student is from or what type of neighborhood they are in; all children can overcome all obstacles if someone will make that difference!!

References:
Laureate Education, Inc. (2010). The Passion for Early Childhood. (Video Webcast). In Foundations: Early Childhood Studies. Retrieved from  http://www.courseurl.com          
               
Laureate Education, Inc. (2010). Sectors of the Early Childhood. (Video Webcast). In Foundations: Early Childhood Studies. Retrieved from   http://www.courseurl.com

2 comments:

  1. Susan as usual I am impressed beyond measure. I love your idealistic views on passion and desiring to become a great influence on the younger generation. We need more parents and more teachers who uphold great passion when it comes to working with children. I anticipate people writing about you sometime in the near future. Great Job on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Note of Thanks and Support

    Hello, Susan

    Thank you for the support that you showed me during this course. It has really been a pleasure in sharing information about the early childhood field with you. I hope that we will take another course in the future. I wish you the best of luck on your road down the early childhood professional journey of life.
    Thanks,

    Jannell

    ReplyDelete