Friday, March 16, 2012

My Podcast Participant.....


Hello, all!!


Unfortunately, I never heard back from ANY contact outside of the United States. :-( I was very excited; but now I am having to do the alternative assignment. When I first thought of the podcast, I was not looking forward to it. However, upon hearing what some of these professionals do, it is quite interesting. I would encourage everyone to go listen to some of the interviews.


I chose, for this week that is, Maysoun Chehab. She is quite an amazing person, in my opinion. She works in Lebanon, Syria, Sudan, Egypt, and Yemen raising awareness of early childhood care and learning to parents, families and educators. She trains caregivers of early childhood children on best practices, as well as providing resources. (Mainly Arabic resources)


During the podcast, she spoke of a devastating storm that demolished a school; she made sure she trained parents, caregivers, and educators on how to help young children cope with this type of situation; she taught them how to provide emotional services to these children.


The website; www.worldforumfoundation.org has a wealth of information.There is information on current, as well as past projects; becoming involved with this work; to numerous initiatives. Please, go take a look around. I am considering joining this wonderful community of educators!

Poverty

http://www.fairlawnavenueunited.ca/images/end_poverty.jpgThis week has been quite eye opening for me! I have always thought other countries dealt with poverty; however, since I have been digging into resources and speaking with people in my community, I now realize people are dealing with this issue each day! It has made me appreciate what I have, but be more aware of what to look for, as well as offer aid to those in need. I believe, just as this picture says, that we can end poverty together. We must be educated on poverty, as well as what to look for! 




References:

World Forum Foundation; 2012. www.worldforumfoundation.org

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed what you had to share with us about poverty this week. I to was excited about what is going on in the classrooms to help combat this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of us fall short of our goals when we forget to include parents in our programs - not only as volunteers, but as true partners investing in children - their children. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete