Saturday, March 3, 2012

Traveling Around The World And Back......

What a challenging assignment this has turned out to be! It has been quite frustrating! I have sent out over a dozen emails to many different countries. I did this on Monday, and as of today, NOTHING! I did, however, get emails stating the the email would be sent but at a delay due to technical difficulties. 


I really do not want to have to revert to the optional assignment. Rather, I would enjoy talking to a person and being able to ask questions and have those questions answered.


Unfortunately, I do not have anyone at my district, or know anyone that is from another country. :( So, that option is not available for me.


I will certainly keep my fingers crossed!!


For part 2 of this assignment, I looked at many of the different websites for Early Childhood. However, I chose National Institute for Early Education Research because, in my opinion, we need to know everything about children before we can be effective educators! I want to keep up with the research so I can help all of my students succeed. I feel I can never learn enough!


I am sure I will keep up with many of the websites. I have been going back to Pre-K now numerous times. I enjoy have the endless supply of resources available to me!


Blessings!
Susan

6 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I think we all have had the same problems with this blog. I did final get the emails to not come back after I set up Windows Live Mail. I have not received a responds yet be I know they did go out.
    Hang in there
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I believe we are having some trouble with this blog. I too sent out emails and had to fight with my laptop until I gave up and asked for help. It had something to do with who provides me my services.
    Hope things work out for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    I believe many of us are struggling with establishing professional contacts outside of the U.S. Hopefully with so many people seeing the importance of our profession and entering the early childhood profession we can change the challenges in communucating with one another. I am also researching NIEER because I believe in the power of research and its' affect on policies and policy changes. Good luck with your research! Don't feel alone out there...international communication can be challenging. Maybe that's the purpose of our assignment...to discover the need for strong, international leadership who are open to communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,

    What a frustrating week. I too sent out many emails to no avail. Most of them were returned as undeliverable. However, I did find this site on Saturday (yesterday) http://teachers.net/mentors. I am hopeful for a answer from them on Monday or Tuesday. If I have success, I will let you know through the Q & A Forum. I too am keeping my fingers crossed. I am giving it until the last minute before I turn to the alternate assignment.

    Good luck,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have luck soon Susan. It can be quite frustrating trying to reach different people/sources from other countries, but keep on trying until you reach someone. I do believe that the website you have chosen is beneficial because we as educators do need to learn about new and important things concerning Early Childhood Development. Thanks for sharing your information!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan, hope you have some luck soon! I know it can be very frustrating trying to reach people/resources that are located out of the country. Just continue trying until you reach someone and get as much advice as possible. I like the website you have chosen because we as educators need to learn about new and important things concerning Early Childhood Development. Thanks for sharing your posts!!

    ReplyDelete