Monday, October 21, 2013

Reflecting on Learning

What a great class this has been! I have had my eyes opened to many new concepts and ideas. My professional hope is creating a classroom where every single child, regardless of their varying abilities may be, can feel safe, accepted, loved, and nurtured. I want each child to come to this classroom and feel as if they are accepted as a "whole" child. I also want each family member to know their child is being nurtured for their own individual self as well as being allowed to have pride and confidence in who they are. My hope is one day, years from now, each child I teach will remember the things I taught them about acceptance, love, and understanding of everyone. I hope each child will never display unfair treatment or show discrimination for any child.

I would like to thank each of you for your comments and kind words. I cannot believe we are so close to being done with this program. Not only will I be receiving a Master's Degree, but I will be taking information that will help me be a successful anti-bias educator. Thank you all!

God bless!!

Susan

5 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Thank you for all the collaboration through this course!! I have so enjoyed or conversations and exploring new ideas.
    Wishing you the best,
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    where does the time fly that now we are in the last week of this course?
    I wish you all the best along the journey to the finish line to get the Master Degree.
    Hope we meet again in our next journey and share the wonderful experience to understand more the anti-bias education.

    Keep up the good work and see you again!
    Regards,

    Evita Kartikasari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,

    where does the time fly that now we are in the last week of this course?
    I wish you all the best along the journey to the finish line to get the Master Degree.
    Hope we meet again in our next journey and share the wonderful experience to understand more the anti-bias education.

    Keep up the good work and see you again!
    Regards,

    Evita Kartikasari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    Thank you for your kind words and most of all best wishes to you as you continue with this program. Acceptance is a marvelous thing for young children to have and know about. Yes, this course was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your blog and discussion posts! See you in the next class. :)

    ReplyDelete